Assistance for Community Cats, Trap Neuter Return, Low Cost Spay Neuter
FAQ concerning TNR
1. There are lots of neighborhood cats around my home/ work, can you get rid of them?
ACCC is happy to assist with medical needs & spaying and neutering to reduce the number of future cats. However we do not rehome feral colonies. The ACCC will return the cats to the home they have come to know.
2. Why do you cut their ears like that? When a feral cat has been spayed or neutered the vet will tip the cats ear making it easy to identify from a distance that it does not not need to be retrapped.
FAQ concerning Adoption
1. How much is it to adopt a cat? The cost of adopting a cat or kitten from us is $100. (Updated 3/2020) The cost of a microchip is $11.
2. What do I need to take care of medically for the cat? All cats are spayed & neutered before adoption. Most medical concerns are healed before adoption. The exception to this is special needs cats. If your cat has special needs that will be discussed with you in detail before adoption.
3. What happens if the cat has behavioral issues? While most cats adapt well, in rare cases cats can be incompatible in their new home. If you experience any issues there are great resources by Jackson Galaxy on Youtube, or you may contact one of our volunteers with your concerns. If you for any reason find that your cat is incompatible with your home we kindly ask you to return the cat to us.
FAQ concerning Fostering
1. What does ACCC pay for and what am I obligated to pay for? ACCC will cover all medical costs including flea medications & wormers. The Foster Family is responsible for providing food, litter, treats, and toys as needed.
2. I work long hours, is it okay if I foster? Cats do well home alone! While they certainly want your affection most cats are not demanding.
3. If I foster can I still adopt? Yes!
4. What if my foster and my other pets arent getting along? We will gladly find the foster a better placement! We want our foster families & our cats to be satisfied with their house guests.
FAQ concerning Volunteering
1. How old do I have to be to volunteer? All volunteers must be 18 yrs or older.
2. How many hours a week is it? Most volunteers help with cleaning at Pet Smart. The cleaning generally takes about 2hrs and each volunteer gets one dedicated day of the week.