Services ACCC Will Provide
The Humain Society & other "shelters" do not save the lives of cats. They are Kill Facilities! You can help control the pet population without taking a life with just a little effort.
If needed, ACCC volunteers will:
- Assist with trapping for transport to the Vet to be Spay or Neutered.
- Assist with trapping for injured feral or stray cat that you are caring for.
- Assist with making referral to get medical attention on injured cat.
- Transport to the vet for spay or neutering for handicap or elderly people in the community who need help bring cats to the vet. (Loan pet carriers for safe transport.)
- Community Presentations, a volunteer will come to your Civic Group or Neighborhood Association to explain the benefits of TNR to the community.
Adoption events are held on the 4th Saturday of each month at Petsmart, from 11am to 3pm in Spanish Fort, AL.
All of our rescues are vaccinated and spayed or neutered PRIOR to adoption.
Types Of Cats
Friendly.. Affectionate and easy to handle. Trusts humans, likes humans.
Hard to pick up nervous around humans. Dashes off when you lean down to pet or pick them up. Winds around your legs at feeding time.
Wont come with in 2 feet of a human. Runs of as soon as you head in their direction. Doesnít want to be touched at all.
Trapping: Need To Know
Do not leave traps out all night un-attended. It's not safe.
Never trap a cat unless you have a vet appointment lined up. Don't attempt to trap a cat on a Friday or Saturday.
Trapping Tips For...
Can be placed in a pet taxi or carrier with a clean towel in the bottom for comfort.
Can be tricked into a carrier with food placed in the back and then close the door quickly. Transport with light sheet over carrier.
These cats should only be trapped according to proper methods as set out for Trap Neuter Return. Once caught covered with a light sheet to help them calm down and ready for transport to the vet. Remember to place cardboard or newspaper in the bottom of the trap so their feet donít have to rest on the grated cross wire. (They will be in there for hours.)